- To provide an organization promoting cooperation among those involved in parenting, direct services, training, and research.
- To support the highest standard of services, training, and research.
- To encourage research and to disseminate knowledge.
- To encourage the recruitment and development of those who work on behalf of people with autism spectrum disorders, intellectual disabilities, developmental disabilities, and specific learning disabilities and to increase student interest.
- To review and influence public policies, when appropriate, in order to promote the welfare of people with autism spectrum disorders, intellectual disabilities, developmental disabilities, and specific learning disabilities, their families, and those who work on their behalf.
- To promote the development of appropriate community based services for people with autism spectrum disorders, intellectual disabilities, developmental disabilities, or specific learning disabilities.
- To develop and implement inclusive recreational activities for individuals.
About TEAAM Autism
TEAAM Autism is a non-profit, volunteer organization comprised of parents, family members, educators and service providers interested in the field of Autism. Focused on advancing the service potential for Mississippians with autism, as well as those who serve them and those who support them, our organization is dedicated to improving the understanding of Autism through extensive training.
TEAAM Autism is focused on being Mississippi's central source of information regarding Autism related services and resources. Through our Support Network, parents and professionals can access contacts that can assist them with their questions and concerns. Also on this site you will find numerous links to other resources within the autism community.
TEAAM is always involved in many projects. Our pride and joy project is the Center Ridge Oupost. This is our Adventure Base Camp. The Outpost is where Kamp Kaleidoscope, Mississippi's annual summer camp program for children on the autism spectrum and their typical peers is held. The first and only camp of its kind in Mississippi, Kamp Kaleidoscope offers children with autism the opportunity to experience a real summer camp, an opportunity they might not otherwise get.
We want to use this website to keep you informed about events in Mississippi, but we also hope it can be somewhat interactive. We welcome your involvement and your interest. We believe that together we can move Mississippi forward in providing appropriate and accessible services for individuals with autism spectrum disorders.
We hope you will consider becoming a member of TEAAM. Membership is Free! Members of TEAAM enjoy being part of an organization that is made up of individuals with knowledge in all areas pertaining to the autism spectrum. Another benefit is access to the parent/family network through our parent volunteers. This is a network that connects many people dealing with the same problems. Sharing ideas for intervention and program design has become a main service of these networks.
You might say our intent is two-fold, 1) to inform people about autism and the services available to them and 2) to increase the services accessible for these individuals and their families. If you would like more information about TEAAM, please feel free to contact us. We look forward to working with you and making a difference in the lives of Mississippians with autism.